Mermaid Floral Treasure by Jack and Bay Designs
Sorry, currently out of stock
Ellie + Cate has collaborated with Jack and Bay Designs to bring you this gorgeous Mermaid Floral Treasure.
What is a TREASURE?
A treasure is a twist on a traditional security blanket or lovey. Made with a waffle gauze material that is more absorbent than a traditional muslin swaddle. The texture of the waffle gauze provides a different tactile and sensory experiences for children which is beneficial to their overall development.
Benefits of a Treasure
- Provides comfort in unfamiliar environments, ie: drop off at childcare/ separation anxiety when caregiver isn’t around.
- Familiar object during new experiences.
- Tactile and sensory experiences.
- Makes bedtime routine more enjoyable.
- Creates a homelike atmosphere for NICU and PICU babes.
Jack and Bay and Ellie + Cate believe in the safety of your precious little ones and the peace of mind for you. We encourage caregivers to use caution with allowing toys and bedding in a child's crib or bed. Please consult your baby's physician and the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines for safe sleep practices.
How to help your baby/toddler attach to their treasure:
Children tend to attach themselves to an object as they become close to one year old. As the attachment begins to form, your baby will start to smile when they see it, nuzzle the treasure when they are tired and reach for it when they are upset. Ways to help your little one love their treasure:
- When you receive the treasure, sleep with it for a few nights. This will transfer your scent.
- Place the treasure on your chest as you nurse or bottle feed your baby.
- When holding your baby, rub the treasure against their hands.
- Keep the treasure in the stroller when on a walk.
- Play peek a boo with it.
Wash and Care
- We recommend using dye and perfume free laundry detergent
- Wash on cold and delicate/hand wash cycle
- Best to lay flat to dry
- If in a pinch, tumble dry on low/no heat and remove promptly
- Never iron as printed fabric may transfer due to heat
- Each treasure is handmade in Valdese, NC with US and imported materials.
- Printed minky is 100% polyester.
- Waffle gauze is 100% cotton.
- Treasure is approximately 17" (may vary up to an inch due each piece of fabric being cut by hand and how the pieces are sewn together).
- Colors and pattern placement may vary.
- Always supervise when in use.
- Inspect daily for wear and tear.
All Treasures are final sale.
For best results, spot clean only.
Warning: Choking Hazard - Small Parts. Children should be supervised while wearing bows, as each bow contains pieces that are not intended for play and can become separated from the bow itself.
Please note: with vintage fabrics, there may be slight variations in the fabric that reflect its age. These are not considered defects